cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Server disk compression

OnurNalbantoglu
13-Aquamarine

Windchill Server disk compression

hello,

is the compression process that I mentioned in the photo risky for the live server?

For example, there are vault folders in the F disk. Can I use this compression process if I want to free up space?

onur_0-1658815402474.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A quick google search indicates that compressing disk will slow down things since it adds compressing and uncompressing to the overhead of retrieving files. I would not recommend this. Have you tried operations like purging and removing unreferenced files from your vaults assuming this is where your vault location is too? Also check into un-needed log files.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

A quick google search indicates that compressing disk will slow down things since it adds compressing and uncompressing to the overhead of retrieving files. I would not recommend this. Have you tried operations like purging and removing unreferenced files from your vaults assuming this is where your vault location is too? Also check into un-needed log files.

Hi Avillanueva, 

Thank you for the answer. I clean log files and folders like instences, infoengine etc.

When I did this on my Windchill test server, I opened up 60 percent of space, but I didn't see the harmful effect because I didn't use it much.

There will probably be performance issues and I don't want that. I just wanted to ask. Thank you so much.

Top Tags