cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Server goes offline

DaveClark
1-Newbie

Windchill Server goes offline

My company is about to roll out PDM Essentials. The server we purchased was based on specs provided by our VAR and is a virtual server. The server intermittently goes offline for a few minutes each hour from just a few seconds up to ten minutes. We are running 10.2 with the latest patch. I don't have the specs on the machine, and I'm also not even close to being an expert in networking. It is the only server we have that does this. We are moving to Creo 3 with the roll out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start debugging this? When it goes down, I can't ping it. That's all I can tell you.

Thanks,

-Dave

2 REPLIES 2

Are there any errors logged in the Method Server logs at the time the issue occurs? If you can't even ping the server during these times, then it sounds like an issue with the network and not with Windchill. But, it would still be a good idea to check the MS logs.

GaryMansell
6-Contributor
(To:DaveClark)

Dave,

We are seeing this when working with a customer's Windchill Server over a VPN - they are running Windchill 10.2 M030 CPS06 and are mandating Creo 3.0 M040.

It does not seem to be a networking issue because Creo 2.0 M080 seems to work fine with the Windchill 10.2 Server.

Did you get anywhere with this?

Rgds

Gary

Top Tags