cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Windchill User Create - Custom Attributes

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Windchill User Create - Custom Attributes

Hi Everyone,

I want a new attribute in the new user creation tab. when I tried to add the attributes, I only received the "Alias & Calculated" there I couldn't see the global attributes.

If anybody knows how to add the attributes in new user creation, please support me.

Thanks in Advance

Amirtharaj_K_0-1695984661569.png

5 REPLIES 5

Since the users are tied to the LDAP, its not the same to add attributes in the Type Administrator. Its documented here:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS162357?source=search

Thank you for the replay Mr. Avil
I didn't see <service.name>.windchill.mapping.user.attributes like the below image.

Amirtharaj_K_0-1696333719796.png

Regards,

Amir

Good Morning Mr. Anvil,

I need more details on this JNDI adapter & how I can create this. Kindly provide the steps for this.

1. Login to Windchill as the Site Adminstrator and navigate to Site>Utilities>Info*Engine Administrator
  2. Edit the JNDI adapter which is configured for the LDAP that contains the additional attributes you want mapped to the user
    In the Additional Properties section of the JNDI adapter properties page, add the property <service.name>.windchill.mapping.user.attributes
    enter the attributes (comma separated) you want mapped as values for this property

Note: In 10.2 and 11.0 you need to end the value of the properties with a comma (,) to get the attributes displayed see article CS247033

Hi Mr. Anvil,

Without the JNDI Adapter, I followed the other steps to create this. But I want additional on here. Postal Address I want the default address, as an asterisk is mandatory, I want to disable the last name.

Amirtharaj_K_0-1696407926307.png

Regards,

Amir

Hi Anil,

After I created it, tested it in a new user creation there. Whatever I create it's not mandatory but without fill, I can't finish. After I fill everything when I go to Edit I can't see the filled value it's empty.

Amirtharaj_K_0-1696488650430.png

Regards,

Amir

Top Tags