Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill WTPart to Document Reference Link Custom Attribute

Highlighted

Windchill WTPart to Document Reference Link Custom Attribute

Hi all,

I'm hoping somebody can help me here.

I have created a subtype of the Part Reference and added 2 attributes to that new object type.

I have then set the constraints on that new Part Reference link to be between any WTPart and a particular reference document type.

I've then set up an example and all I want to do is actually set values for these new attributes but I cannot find anywhere in the user interface where I can do that.

Does anybody know how to do this? We are using Windchill 10.2 M030

Capture.PNG

Regards

Ben

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Windchill WTPart to Document Reference Link Custom Attribute

From the Actions menu at the top-left of the page you select Check Out and Edit.

If the attributes were set up correctly and you have the correct rights then it will show on this page.

Hi SteveG,

Thanks for the response but I am well aware of that option. What you suggest will check out the part for edit. It is not the part I have the attribute against, it is the Part Reference link that has the attribute. You never check out a link, only one side of the relationship. For a part reference link (relationship from part to docuemnt) what gets checked out is the part, none of which helps. 

I need to put in a value against the attribute on the relationship. When you have a relationship between WTPart (parent) and WTPart (child) you can modify the custom attribute on the link in the attributes subtab of the structure tab screen.

When you have a relationship between a part and a document (part reference), the section is the reference parts of the related objects tab. And you cannot add in a column for the custom attribute, thus allowing you to set a value for it. In fact I cannot find anywhere that yo can show the custom attribute, yet the type and attribute manager allows you to create a subtype of the relationships.

Ah.  Sorry about that.