Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill Workgroup Manager - Siemens NX CAM

Dave_K
7-Bedrock

Windchill Workgroup Manager - Siemens NX CAM

As per the original post

So using NX 2306 and WGM 13.0.2.0  when I create a custom load_options.def, set to use "from folder" instead of "search directories", or "load_from_dir" instead of "load_from_search_dirs".  When I relaunch NX, the load options default back to search directories.  I verified in the NX log file, that UGII_LOAD_OPTIONS is set to the correct location, and I've verified that the load_options.def says "LoadOptions_LoadOption: load_from_dir"

Any thoughts on where WGM/Windchill stores this "search directories" info, so it can be edited?

For anyone wondering why, we have been experimenting with load options and times with "search directories" and "from folder", and even with a single search directory folder, load times are faster with "from folder".

NX 2206 (production) NX 2306 (testing)
Windchill WGM 12.1 and 13.0.2
2 REPLIES 2
Dobi
15-Moonstone
(To:Dave_K)

I'll install NX2306 and WGM13.0.2.0 and give it a try. 

What I saw in the past had more to do with NX actually writing the file (that seemed to have been off). So, first thing I'd check is your load_options.def file to confirm it looks like you think it does. 

This is exclusively a NX function and doesn't have anything to do with the WGM. 

Do you have UGII_USER_DIR or UGII_LOCAL_USER_DEFAULTS set? Those will take precedence over the site settings. If you end up having the same file name (load_options.def) saved in what's specified as your local folder, it'll use it instead of the site file. 

Dave_K
7-Bedrock
(To:Dobi)

I was really hoping this would work, but WGM clearly changes it, at least after WGM 11, per an article I reference below.

UGII_USER_DIR is not set.

UGII_LOCAL_USER_DEFAULTS is set, but there is no load_options.def located there,   Also no reference to load options in my user.mtx or UserPreferences.txt

Verified my saved site load options is correct, i even removed the searchPaths value:

LoadOptions_SearchPaths:
LoadOptions_LoadComponents: load_all_components
LoadOptions_PartLoadOption: partially_load
LoadOptions_LoadWAVE: NO
LoadOptions_LoadWAVEParents: NONE
LoadOptions_LoadSubstitution: allow_substitution
LoadOptions_LoadLatest: NO
LoadOptions_LoadOption: load_from_dir
LoadOptions_ManagedModeLoadOption: load_by_revision_rule
LoadOptions_LoadFilters: load_no_components
LoadOptions_LoadFailOption: dont_abort
LoadOptions_ReferenceSets: "As Saved" "Use Model" "Entire Part" "Empty" "Use Simplified"
LoadOptions_ApplyAllLevels: NO
LoadOptions_GenerateMissingPFM: YES
LoadOptions_BookmarkRefSets: Import
LoadOptions_BookmarkPartsLoad: Load_Visible
LoadOptions_BookmarkRestoreFullyLoadedState: no
LoadOptions_SubsetLoadBehavior: Do_Not_Update

Per this PTC article

Dave_K_0-1724178796136.png

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS293782

NX 2206 (production) NX 2306 (testing)
Windchill WGM 12.1 and 13.0.2
Announcements