cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Workgroup Manager, Windchill File System Driver and Windows 10 Digitally Signed Drivers

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

Windchill Workgroup Manager, Windchill File System Driver and Windows 10 Digitally Signed Drivers

Hello,

If you have run into this, go ahead and nod in agreement (and sympathy). If you have not, and are looking to install or update Workgroup Manager software on Windows 10, be aware.  In my case, seen with SolidWorks 2016/2017, Windows 10 and Windchill 10.2 M30 CPS-24:

Windchill Workgroup Manager and WFS Driver Installation fails on Windows 10 when Secure Boot function is enabled

The PTC WFS Controller service does not work properly in Windchill Workgroup Manager integration with CAD Applications supporting Windchill File System (WFS)

PTC WFS Controller Service does not start and gives following error in event viewer "The PTC WFS Controller service terminated unexpectedly" in Windchill Workgroup Manager 11.0 on Windows 10

SPR 6593724

(disabling Secure Boot is not possible as a workaround in many organizations)

Probably other docs in the DB, but these were the ones PTC passed along. Hoping this gets a permanent fix soon!

Best Regards,

ML Starkey 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

Relief is on the way. CPS-25 is scheduled to drop on Sept 6th:

"The 10.2 M030 or 11.0 Windchill Workgroup Manager WFS Driver installation fails with error or the PTC WFS Controller service fails to start on Windows 10 when Secure Boot is enabled "

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS264835

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Same issue with the Windchill 11.0 M030 workgroup manager.  Smiley Sad

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

@TomU  Did you ever get your WGM working on Windows 10?

James

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JHall)

Yes, I believe I used the patched driver until a later CPS came out.  (That was a long time ago...)

pmooteri
12-Amethyst

@JHall Can you please elaborate on which specific Windchill Version?

Regards,

Pankaj

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:pmooteri)

Greetings @pmooteri

We've been struggling with some Windows 10 updates. currently all our Users are functioning now, but yesterday I spent the whole day fixing two who had suddenly lost access to their local 'PTC Places' folder via WGM.   

I had to re-install the WGM using the CPS 13 update and repoint the local cache by editing the environment variables. It all seems to be based on a Windows 10 update, but unclear if that's really the case.

My current install is:
Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08
WGM 11.0 M030 CPS13
Inventor Pro 2017
Windows 10

TomU
23-Emerald IV

We had lots of trouble getting WGM 11.0 CPS 11 working on Windows 10 with SolidWorks 2018.  We ended up having to manually add an additional environment variable.  See CS295992.

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

Relief is on the way. CPS-25 is scheduled to drop on Sept 6th:

"The 10.2 M030 or 11.0 Windchill Workgroup Manager WFS Driver installation fails with error or the PTC WFS Controller service fails to start on Windows 10 when Secure Boot is enabled "

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS264835

Top Tags