cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Windchill Workgroup Manager and Solidworks

mdebower
18-Opal

Windchill Workgroup Manager and Solidworks

We have just started using the Windchill Workgroup Manager with Solidworks, and ran into a bit of a pickle.

Basically when we are registering Solidworks with the Application Manager, we run through the whole thing, and on the last screen there is a Verify button. The question is: What does the Verify Button do? When do we need to verify?

We clicked on the button but nothing seems to happen. Also the documentation mentions an icon that is created to start the WGM and Solidworks together, but apparently no icon was created.

Anyone with some helpful ideas?

Windchill 9.0 m060

SolidWorks 2008

-marc

CAD / PLM Manager

2 REPLIES 2

Ignore the verify button, it does nothing. Not sure why it's even there still. If it does do something, I'm unaware of it.

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

[cid:image001.gif@01CB2E5C.7B579F40]

I've never seen such an icon...we just get the usual "Windchill Workgroup Manager" and "Uninstall Windchill Workgroup Manager" icons in our PLM folder in the start->All Programs menu.

Of course, when the Windchill Workgroup Manager add-in is turned on for Start-up in SW, launching SW will in turn launch the WWGM...but not necessarily the other way around.

The other helpful advice I was given was to edit the wgmclient.ini file - the line that specifies the home page of the WWGM's embedded browser...point this to your Windchill installation, and it will automatically bring up the log in box. Saves at least one click for the user.

In Reply to Marc DeBower:

Also the documentation mentions an icon that is created to start the WGM and Solidworks together, but apparently no icon was created.
Announcements

Top Tags