cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Windchill Workgroup Manager

Luar
1-Newbie

Windchill Workgroup Manager

Hi everybody!

I just want to ask if WWGM can be written in other not supported files like intergraph, staroffice, zwcad??

Thanks,

Luar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkLobo
11-Garnet
(To:Luar)

Luar -

Unfortunately, the Windchill WGM doesn't support the applications you listed - Intergraph, Staroffice, ZWCAD.

Secondly, I'd like to clarify that the WWGM Toolkit cannot be used to build an integration to the tools that are not supported. The WWGM Toolkit provides some interfaces to automate some processes - e.g. programmatically import CAD files to the workspace, programmatically add models to the workspace from Windchill based on some trigger, etc.

If you just looking to vault the CAD files/documents from these tools without exposing the relationships, attributes into Windchill, you might consider zipping up the files and managing them as Documents. You can soft type the Document object to differentiate them from other regular document files (MS Word, etc.).

You should be able to use the Document approach mentioned above even with PDM Essentials (PDME).

Thanks,

Mark

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Luar,

There is a Windchill Workgroup Manager Toolkit available to create a WGM for any CAD applications not currently supported OOTB.

See http://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS148381 for more information.

Luar
1-Newbie
(To:LoriSood)

Hi Lori,

I'm just using PDME is it compatible?

Thanks,

I'm not sure what PDME is but the Windchill Workgroup Manager supports a standard set of CAD Authoring tools. Take a look at the support matrices:

https://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=138066

https://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=157177

I need to brush up on my acronyms (PDME=Windchill PDM Essentials)

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

The WWGM Toolkit APIs should be supported with PDM Essentials.

MarkLobo
11-Garnet

Luar -

Unfortunately, the Windchill WGM doesn't support the applications you listed - Intergraph, Staroffice, ZWCAD.

Secondly, I'd like to clarify that the WWGM Toolkit cannot be used to build an integration to the tools that are not supported. The WWGM Toolkit provides some interfaces to automate some processes - e.g. programmatically import CAD files to the workspace, programmatically add models to the workspace from Windchill based on some trigger, etc.

If you just looking to vault the CAD files/documents from these tools without exposing the relationships, attributes into Windchill, you might consider zipping up the files and managing them as Documents. You can soft type the Document object to differentiate them from other regular document files (MS Word, etc.).

You should be able to use the Document approach mentioned above even with PDM Essentials (PDME).

Thanks,

Mark

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:MarkLobo)

Bah! I apparently missed that part in the list of WWGM API restrictions. Sorry, Luar! Thanks, Mark, for clarifying that!

Top Tags