cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Windchill and related apps running in SELinux

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Windchill and related apps running in SELinux

Checking to see if anyone has gotten this to work successfully. I've been trying to debug some weird PSI issues and failures. PTC articles have sent me down some rabbit holes as I have stumbled through one error message to another. I am circling back to this fundamental setup and trying to determine if it was the source of my issues all along. 

My other post detailed issues getting a standalone instance of WindchillDS running. PSI fails to detect that WindchillDS is running and bails (windchillds installer appears to have failed to start. Its PTC and/or XML log is missing). I looked this message up and its not the tmp folders. Strange thing is WindchillDS is running. I can see the install, stop it and restart it. It looks fully installed except PSI did not finish. 

I only find one posting (cs368618 ) that says "you are on your own kid" with regard to SELinux.

I'm going to try flipping to permissive mode. Perhaps I can see if OS is blocking something. I suspect poor error messages are leading me astray again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We have had to make some tweaks to seLinux. Luckily we have a person on board that has some experience with this. It typically involves doing

audit2why < /var/log/audit/audit.log

and then running "semanage" and "restorecon"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

We have had to make some tweaks to seLinux. Luckily we have a person on board that has some experience with this. It typically involves doing

audit2why < /var/log/audit/audit.log

and then running "semanage" and "restorecon"

@RandyJones strikes again. Thanks, 

Top Tags