cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Windchill (in Creo browser) not loading

Jairus
1-Newbie

Windchill (in Creo browser) not loading

I am a high school student and my robotics team is using Creo to build our CAD-version robot. I've had two laptops from Catepillar and each one has worked for a bit, then will, for no reason, stop working. I can log on to the server, but then I can't pull up my workspace or the team's cabinets. The browser on load to the point in the picture.

2013_12_19_19_42_54_Creo_Parametric_Student_Edition.png

Is there a way to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
SergDubrovskiy
14-Alexandrite
(To:Jairus)

Uninstall Internet Explorer 11 and install IE 10.

Not an option in Windows 8.

Are there any compatibility settings that would help?

visu
1-Newbie

Dear Jairus

why not it on mozilla firefox?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Jairus,

So sorry for this situation. The core issue is the FIRST Robotics Windchill server hosted by PTC. It is currently at Windchill 10.1 F000. The current version is Windchill 10.1 M040.

10.1 F000 existed long before Windows 8.0/8.1 and IE 10/11. The only way to resolve this is for PTC to upgrade the FIRST Windchill server. We had hoped to complete the upgrade before the FRC go-live in January, but we were unable to get it done on time.

It is ready now, but we don't want to disrupt the service in the middle of the FRC season, so we are going to wait until May to begin the upgrade process and bring it up to Windchill 10.2 M010 which is the latest and greatest version of Windchill.

We have been discussing this quite a bit in the FIRST Community if you'd like to join us there.

-Scott

Top Tags