cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windchill in a Virtual Machine

hamzaboudouira
1-Newbie

Windchill in a Virtual Machine

Hello,

I have retrieved Windchill installed on a virtual machine, and Arbortext Editor is inslatteld in a physical one.
So the virtual machine runs in the same physical machine.
I want integrate Epic with Windchil by modifying the "siteprefs.xml" file in the adapter and put the IP adress of waindchill's machine. but Arbortext Editor can't connect to windchill.
I don't no if someone has already done this configuration.
I'll be greatful if you help me
Cordially
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As first step, you can remove Arbortext out of picture.

Try to connect from a Browser (from Physical) to VM Windchill and see what happens. (Try only hostname without Windchill context)

If that works then try http://<hostname>/Windchill and during that time if its not coming up, try adding the ip/hostname in you hosts file and see if that helps.

Also, do a IP config in physical/VM and see how the subnet setup is.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I am using Windchill 9.1 and Arbortext Editor 5.4.

the communication between the two machine(virtual and physical) is good, because I have done a ping to verify.
the problem is the communication between arbortex and windchill
Best Regards

1. Physical Machine holds

2. Arbortext

3. Windchill VM

Are you saying 1 can't talk to 3 or 3 can't talk to 1 or both?

I've had problems getting images to talk to their parent physical machines. I'm not a networking guy, but... try an alternate IP and have your router forward to the correct image/physicalbox.

As first step, you can remove Arbortext out of picture.

Try to connect from a Browser (from Physical) to VM Windchill and see what happens. (Try only hostname without Windchill context)

If that works then try http://<hostname>/Windchill and during that time if its not coming up, try adding the ip/hostname in you hosts file and see if that helps.

Also, do a IP config in physical/VM and see how the subnet setup is.

hello everybody,

i have resolve the problem, i've write a documentation wich illustrates steps of the configuration

but this doc is in french, i sorry but my office abligate me to write in french, so if someone can translate it and republishs it i'll be happy

this my email if someone want more informations : -

Cordially

Top Tags