cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill installation on non-monolithic machine

dfante
7-Bedrock

Windchill installation on non-monolithic machine

Hello to all, I'm installing windchill 11 on a machine but the db is on another server.

During the PSI error: The directory that you selected for ORACLE_HOME does not exist or is invalid.

My directory is: E: \ app \ oracle \ product \ 12.1.0 \ client_1 I have configured client oracles pointing to the oracle on the DB machine and relaunched the PSI installation but I still have the same error.

I do not understand where I'm wrong and how to fix it. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Davide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you have the database running on a different machine, you have to follow a two step process for installation.

1. You need to run PSI on the database machine and create a database. This is by selecting the option, install standalone component and create database and user. This can also be done manually using Oracle dbca/

2. Once the dabase is created, run the PSI on the application machine, install the solution by selecting the option connect to existing database

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When you have the database running on a different machine, you have to follow a two step process for installation.

1. You need to run PSI on the database machine and create a database. This is by selecting the option, install standalone component and create database and user. This can also be done manually using Oracle dbca/

2. Once the dabase is created, run the PSI on the application machine, install the solution by selecting the option connect to existing database

Thank you BineshKumar1

Top Tags