Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill installation on non-monolithic machine

SOLVED
dfante
5-Regular Member

Windchill installation on non-monolithic machine

Hello to all, I'm installing windchill 11 on a machine but the db is on another server.

During the PSI error: The directory that you selected for ORACLE_HOME does not exist or is invalid.

My directory is: E: \ app \ oracle \ product \ 12.1.0 \ client_1 I have configured client oracles pointing to the oracle on the DB machine and relaunched the PSI installation but I still have the same error.

I do not understand where I'm wrong and how to fix it. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Davide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you have the database running on a different machine, you have to follow a two step process for installation.

1. You need to run PSI on the database machine and create a database. This is by selecting the option, install standalone component and create database and user. This can also be done manually using Oracle dbca/

2. Once the dabase is created, run the PSI on the application machine, install the solution by selecting the option connect to existing database

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When you have the database running on a different machine, you have to follow a two step process for installation.

1. You need to run PSI on the database machine and create a database. This is by selecting the option, install standalone component and create database and user. This can also be done manually using Oracle dbca/

2. Once the dabase is created, run the PSI on the application machine, install the solution by selecting the option connect to existing database

View solution in original post

Thank you BineshKumar1

Announcements
Learn more about how we are using our browser poll here