cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill license file

RU_1460871
1-Newbie

Windchill license file

Hi Please send updated file (for customer MEBOR d.o.o.) with Windchill licences + TXT file. Kind regards. Mojca

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @RU_1460871 

Please create PTC support ticket for license related queries

/VR

Thanks for your reply.

I was trying to open a call for this issue at PTC e-support , but for Windchill products lately I get this message:

And we can't reach them.

Do I need to choose different Windchill product?

Kind regards,

Mojca

Hi @RU_1460871 

I really don't have any idea about this. And PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR SCN NUMBER in public. Some might misuse it 

/VR

Hi @RU_1460871 

use any product that you have a license and chose license management option.

PTC support forward you question to right person

PetrH

Windchill Licenses can be retrieved a couple of ways... and licensing is all self-service for WC customers. In each of the below scenarios, you must have an active PTC contract with a CN, SCN & SON.... and have the credentials of a user who has license management capabilities on ptc.com, AND access to the function (either site admin in the GUI, or Server access to the WC shell).  Hope this helps

Someone at the company with credentials tied to the SCN will need to be logged into the PTC.com account and go to:

https://www.ptc.com/support/license-management

Additionally, on the Windchill side, after server startup (during the license grace period) a site admin goes to Site > Utilities > License Management (under System Administration) and enter the PTC.com credentials

jbailey_0-1689119185376.png

Finally, you can use Windchill shell - windchill wt.licenseusage.WindchillLicenseUtility

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/license/WcLicense_RetrievingLicOnlineWcShell_2.html

Top Tags