cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Windchill mail.from

ThoaiVuong
2-Guest

Windchill mail.from

Hello, We have used Windchill for several years but just for CAD Data Management. We're now starting to use Promotion and some other functions, resulting in many emails from Windchill. Email properties are set up as follows:

wt.mail.from=Postmaster@$(wt.rmi.server.hostname)

wt.mail.mailhost=relay.boeing.com

wt.mail.mime.charset=UTF-8

wt.mail.verbose=false

This results in the email from Windchill saying it's from this user:

Postmaster@eng-hbc-wc10.sw.nos.boeing.com

Question: How can we change it so the email is from WindchillSystem@BoeingHTB?

thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Try setting the from address here: wt.notify.notificationSenderEmail in wt.properties

i think this might be what you are after.

Rgds

Gary

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ThoaiVuong)

I just took a quick look and I have both "wt.mail.from" and "wt.notify.notificationSenderEmail" set equal to the Windchill administrator's email address.

From the documentation:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Setting Sender E-mail Address

For e-mail messages to be sent, some mail servers require that a valid e-mail address be specified in the From header of the e-mail message. Windchill uses the value specified in the wt.mail.from property in the wt.properties file as the default sender of e-mail messages. Similarly, the wt.notify.notificationSenderEmail property is used to specify the e-mail address used as the sender of all event-based notifications.

By default, the wt.mail.from property is set to Postmaster@<hostname>, where <hostname> is the value specified in the java.rmi.server.hostname property. The wt.notify.notificationSenderEmail property defaults to the value of the wt.admin.defaultAdministratorName property.

PTC suggests that the wt.mail.from and wt.notify.notificationSenderEmail properties both be set to the e-mail address of the Windchill administrator or some other authorized user.

Top Tags