cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill mksapi-jar support for JDK 11 ?

LE_10148779
3-Visitor

Windchill mksapi-jar support for JDK 11 ?

Hello,

could you give me a hint ... I am looking for a table to see,
which mksapi.jar version requires/supports which JDK  version / is used for testing by PTC.

I ask because we are not sure if JDK 8 is required/supportet or if we can also use JDK 11..

We use Windchill .v12.4 and access its API via mksapi-jar-4.16.2671.jar .

Thanks for your support.

Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, good idea 😉  I opened a case at PTC ... 

PTC suggests to use JRE v8.x matching to the used Operating System also for the java-program using mks-api.jar 

At the moment newer JRE versions >8.x are not certified (meaning that there were no tests performed by PTC team on those versions).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:LE_10148779)

Windchill 12.0.2.0 Software Matrices | PTC

From that document, only 11.0.11 is the tested release.

Java 8 was good for all release of Windchill 11.x.

Thanks a lot for your fast response with the linked  Windchill 12.0.2.0 Software Matrices | PTC , That's what I was looking for!

I would interpret
if  *Java (JDK 11.0.11 )  is a required component for the Windchill server" 
I shall also it, when I access the server API via mksapi-jar-4.16.2671.jar.
Means I shall prefer JDK 11 and do not use JDK 8
Right?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry just noticed: I need to add:
We use Windchill  RV&S  v12.5  and access its API via mksapi-jar-4.16.2671.jar .

Unfortunately RV&S is not mentioned in Windchill 12.0.2.0 Software Matrices | PTC but other Windchill products ... right?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

In most cases the underlying Windchill is the same, just the application is different built on the base Windchill toolkit.

I would think that all Windchill 12 products would then require JAVA 11.0.11+.

hm - it seams to be a difficult think. I found Windchill® RV&S 12 Product Platforms
https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Integrity_Lifecycle_Manager/12,-d-,0/Integrity_Lifecycle_Manager_12_Product_Platforms.pdf
in chapter "Java Support":
only Java JRE v8 Editions are supported for the Windchill® RV&S 12 server.

Well the server, but there is nothing written about
what Java-Version shall be used for the mksapi-jar for API access to the Server  ...

I also could not find anything in the Java-doc of the mksapi-jar  , what java was used for testing it 😕

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

My suggestion is to open a help desk ticket and ask that question. TS should know what JAVA version is required.

Yes, good idea 😉  I opened a case at PTC ... 

PTC suggests to use JRE v8.x matching to the used Operating System also for the java-program using mks-api.jar 

At the moment newer JRE versions >8.x are not certified (meaning that there were no tests performed by PTC team on those versions).

Top Tags