cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill not starting after successful rehost and Update Tool: wt.access.accessResource/19

KoketsoResane
5-Regular Member

Windchill not starting after successful rehost and Update Tool: wt.access.accessResource/19

Hi Everyone, does anyone ahve an idea on how to resolve this error from the MethodServer:

wt.access.accessResource/19) wt.access.NotAuthorizedException: ATTENTION: Secured Action. You do not have the necessary authorization for this operation.

Resolutions from Article - CS168770 have already been exhausted:

• The wcadmin entry was correctly exported and imported in WindchillDS.
  • Database tables are migrated properly with the only errors relating to indexes which are fixed prior to running the update tool.
  • Site Administrator (wcadmin) is in the Admiistrators group – both after import and after manual insertion in WIndchillDS.
  • Cleared Tomcat and InfoEngine caches without success.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone.

Problem was caused by a change in the domain of the LDAP in prior update from WNC 10.2 to WNC 11.0.

Brief synopsis of the solution:

1. Import only the People entries from Administrative node in LDAP
  2. Exclude the source.localdomain in rehost properties and manually modify the lastKnownDomain entry in the REPOSITRY table after rehost.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:KoketsoResane)

Things I would probably at least try:

1. Open a case.
  2. Make sure you can log into the database with the same user account and password Windchill is configured to use.
  3. Rebuild the keystore.
  4. Rerun the rehost tool.  Once in a while something goes wrong and it's easier to just re-copy the files and rerun the utility than it is to figure out why.
KoketsoResane
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Done without success again.

Included keystore clearance in the rehost.properties for the second run but the initial errors remain.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Bummer.  Probably best to open a case and let tech support comb through the logs.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You might want to take a look at your database copy process.  I'm not familiar with Oracle but according to the data_pump log, none of the indexes are being created.  I think you might have an issue with how you're copying the database.

ORA-39083: Object type INDEX:"ORGADMIN"."EPMDOCUMENTMASTER$COMPOSITE1" failed to create with error:
ORA-04067: not executed, package body "ORGADMIN.WTREVERSEPK" does not exist
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "ORGADMIN.WTREVERSEPK"

KoketsoResane
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom.

I believe those errors are addressed by /Windchill/db/sql/ and the Update Tool post-import and rehost.

The wt.access.accessResource/19) wt.access.NotAuthorizedException Issue remains unresolved however.

I've seen this issue many times during rehosts. Almost always, its been an LDAP issue related to the wcadmin user. You should be able to confirm this by checking two places:

• Look for this user in the Windchill DS. Check their path in the LDAP and take note of it.
  • Look at the RemoteObjectID table for this user in your database. This is where Windchill is expected it to be. You will likely see that they are different so Windchill cannot find the admin user.

avillanueva_0-1638281125056.png

• Last place to check if those are correct is the Administrators group in the LDAP. Again, make sure that the RemoteObjectID table for this group is matching LDAP AND that wcadmin is a member of that group. I've seen it where things in the LDAP were moved but the group members were pointing to the wrong place in the LDAP.

I is very easy in the rehost tool to miss a step or choose a wrong setting causing the LDAP to not match the database.  Both are easily correctable to make them match though caution cause its easy to scramble them too (a bit of brain surgery here).

Please also ensure you have this line enabled in the rehost properties file. Many a times this has caused lot of issues around authentication post rehost.

source.local.domain=oldhostname.domainName

regards

~Syed

Hi Everyone.

Problem was caused by a change in the domain of the LDAP in prior update from WNC 10.2 to WNC 11.0.

Brief synopsis of the solution:

1. Import only the People entries from Administrative node in LDAP
  2. Exclude the source.localdomain in rehost properties and manually modify the lastKnownDomain entry in the REPOSITRY table after rehost.
Top Tags