Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill number - ProE paramter

Highlighted

I am working with windchill and am trying to figure out how to display the Windchill "number" attribute as a parameter. Is it a hidden parameter in proe similar to "PTC_COMMON_NAME". What I am trying to do is set the windchill number in ProE.

Stephen

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

I do not believe this is possible once the file is uploaded. It is possible to have an attribute seed the Windchill number. Once that is done, it will not respond the changes from that attribute. The only way to change the number is from within windchill unless you write some custom code.
Highlighted

RE: Windchill number - ProE paramter

What you want is probably possible using the Wildfire Download Service (the ModeledAttributesDelegate custom class). Unfortunately there isn't much documentation on this (most of it is wrong) and it took me many weeks to track down a working solution. Have a look at TAN 130214 which contains the source code that you will need to customise. If you want help creating the class then I can probably help.

Sam

Highlighted

RE: Windchill number - ProE parameter

Hi guru's,

First off, I have searched the forum's, help files, and opened a tech. support call with no good news, so hope one of you has some extra good news lying around. lol

I am trying todisplay the Windchill Number in the title block of a drawing when it is viewed in ProductView.Using PDMLink 9.1 and Wildfire 4. I found that PTC_WM_VERSION:d will display the version from Windchill and as Stephen noted below, PTC_COMMON_NAME will display the Windchill Name. Does it really require a customization to display the number? I'm not trying to set the number, the number is autogenerated, I just want to display it on the title block when a user views the drawing in ProductView. I have tried the obvious of replacing NAME with NUMBER, etc., but that doesn't work.

Thanks for any ideas.

In Reply to Stephen deBoer:

I am working with windchill and am trying to figure out how to display the Windchill "number" attribute as a parameter. Is it a hidden parameter in proe similar to "PTC_COMMON_NAME". What I am trying to do is set the windchill number in ProE.

Stephen

Announcements