cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill packages don't trigger publishing and secondary content generation

Dobrisa
13-Aquamarine

Windchill packages don't trigger publishing and secondary content generation

After much work to stabilize the CAD worker and publishing environment, we started to (want to) depend more on publishing and packaging to generate secondary content. We have the AfterEDRLoader running https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS216668 (option 2) with the idea that when we create packaging, secondary content added as attachments to the primary EPMDocuments would get pulled in as well for our manufacturing teams/vendors. This works well when the secondary content exists as attachments. However, we don't seem to have the representation content getting pulled in (i.e.: if i have say a .pdf, .stp and a .stl generated as part of a new representation, that content doesn't get included in the package). That was the whole reason for going option 2 with the AfterEDRLoader to have that content added into the attachments. 

So now what we'd I'd like to do is to have a generation of a delivery zip file trigger publishing for primary content that for whatever reason might not have the secondary content generated already and added to the attachments. Is this possible? As far as I've been able to figure out, packaging/deliveries only collect content and don't trigger publishing. Can this be changed? Can I have content that's included as part of representations (additional files) be included in the package deliveries? 

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags