cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill "Updates" table will only display 1 row (but only for 1 user)

jfrankovich
10-Marble

Windchill "Updates" table will only display 1 row (but only for 1 user)

We have a single user whose Updates table on the WC home screen will only display a single row. If he creates a new object (such as a Change Request), the existing row object disappears and the new item takes its place.

All other users see multiple rows of updated objects, and this problem is not just local to his PC. It follows to wherever he logs in.

I have never seen this and don't have any good ideas on the possible cause.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is controlled by a user preference.

Look under Quick Links > My Settings > Preferences > Display > Recently Visited List Size. If this is set to 1, you will see only a single entry in the my updates table

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Customized UPDATES TABLE table view?

It is controlled by a user preference.

Look under Quick Links > My Settings > Preferences > Display > Recently Visited List Size. If this is set to 1, you will see only a single entry in the my updates table

That is the answer.

It turns out we have had several users very recently who suddenly had this behavior, but none of them had changed any settings (or even knew how). Now I wonder how their settings in Windchill suddenly got changed without intervention! I hope nothing else changed.

As admin, go to this preference at Site and select "delete child instances."

Seems like a weird term (child instances of the preference), but it deletes all user preference settings that override the global / default setting.  There is no feedback of any kind that says whether 0 or 1000 users have changed this preference when you delete them, so it might be worth a global email to users.  If you do this from Site, it also overrides any at Org.

Good tip. I think I will lock it too.

(Still wonder how it got changed.)

Top Tags