cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill workflow activity rename

vedderkris
1-Newbie

Windchill workflow activity rename

I'm in Workflow Administrator (Windchill 9.1) trying to update one of our workflows.  We need to have some of the Activity tasks renamed.  I have edited the name in the General Tab, saved the workflow, checked it back in, imported it, etc.  But when I run the workflow its still using the older Activity task name, even though when I open the workflow it has the new name there.  What am I missing?  Sorry I'm new to editing the workflows?  Is a server restart required?  It seems like a simple thing, yet it's not working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We figured it out.  In the Transitions tab, under Start we have some Java code that gets the Activity name to appear with the task name.  The task name is specifically spelled out.  We realized this when we went forward to try to recreate the task.  Someone else added that code for our workflows and we just forgot about it.  Weird, duh moment.  Glad we solved it. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Is the lifecycle template which calls this workflow template configured with the checkmark in "use latest iteration of workflow?"  If not, then the iteration of workflow called is fixed.

The lifecycle does have the use latest iteration of workflow checked, throughout all states.

The steps you followed should work. Did you initiate a new workflow, say create a new object or set the state of the object to a state that triggers the workflow?  Changes in workflow templates are only applicable for new instances of workflow process not for the existing ones

Kristie Schwartz wrote:

I have edited the name in the General Tab, saved the workflow, checked it back in, imported it, etc.

I am not sure about the import the import process you mentioned? You don't have to import the workflow unless you have exported a latest copy from another system or from a backup

Yes, we initiated the new workflow- other changes in the workflow are in there , like instructions, just the name change is not taking?  We import workflows from one server to another for testing from Development to Test server and we did reboot the servers to see and that isn't making a difference.  I think we are going to have to recreate the activity task to get the name change to take.  We have a lot of name changes. I wish I could figure this out?

Does it work on your development server? If you open process manager, what is the name of the task there? just curios

The task names aren't changed within the workflow on the development server or the test server.  When I open the workflow template, it shows the changed name.  When I run that workflow the name is not changed.  When I open process manager it has the old name. 

We figured it out.  In the Transitions tab, under Start we have some Java code that gets the Activity name to appear with the task name.  The task name is specifically spelled out.  We realized this when we went forward to try to recreate the task.  Someone else added that code for our workflows and we just forgot about it.  Weird, duh moment.  Glad we solved it. Thanks. 

Top Tags