cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Windchill

SS_3387113
1-Newbie

Windchill

I am working in a top level assembly & respective drawing. The changes are pretty simple.

But there are few sub level assemblies are coming as failed due to their component placement (Released state),...So, when I fix them locally (Workspace) & try to check-in the assembly & drawing, it gets successfully check-in but the drawing pdf (Auto created by Windchill) showing the incorrect placement of few parts from failed sub level assemblies.

Now, I want to fix this issue without revising the failed sub level assemblies. So that I can get the correct drawing pdf (as per local modifications that I have made).

Do you have any solution to tackle this issue?

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:SS_3387113)

If you're fixing the sub-assemblies in your local workspace, but not checking in these changed sub-assemblies to Windchill, they will still be in failure when Windchill generates the PDF during publishing since it doesn't have access to the updated sub-assemblies.

Also keep in mind that by default Windchill always publishes everything 'as stored'.  That means whatever files were originally checked in with the drawing (for example) are the same files that will be retrieved by Windchill every time that drawing is republished.  It will not use anything newer unless the drawing is checked back in while the newer files are present in the workspace.  Hopefully that makes sense...

Top Tags