cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Worker Publishing DWG & DXF Files

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Worker Publishing DWG & DXF Files

Does anyone know of a way to configure a worker to publish DWG and/or DXF documents (not epm documents, wt documents)?

I'm basically looking for the same functionality as the exiting IGES and STEP workers. Create a new document with IGES or STEP file as primary content and the worker automatically creates the visualization.

I'm wondering if maybe the Inventor adapter would work, but I'm guessing it only works if the inventor files are CAD Documents created via a workgroup manager (like Creo CAD documents).

Thanks!

Tom U.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Tom, pretty sure you can configure a post publishing delegate that would do this for you. A sub-type of a WTDocument can be used (must use autonumbering) and then the Visualization Configuration file (xml) for CAD can be configured to do this. I don't have an immediate example at the moment though. I have done this to create .PVS file as Dynamic Documents upon releasing of CAD data.

[cid:image001.gif@01CF7046.C96AB930]

Stephen Vinyard
Business Development Manager/Solution Architect
Top Tags