cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Workflow Activity - Multiple Roles

Sha11
12-Amethyst

Workflow Activity - Multiple Roles

Hello,

I have a workflow activity which gets assigned to multiple roles, lets say RoleA and RoleB. My requirement is whenever Rework was selected by any user in RoleA, RoleB's activity should get closed and Rework path must be taken. Only in case of Approval, both roles needs to vote.

Background Information:

i) The activity is of type Any and Required field is selected.

ii) I introduced the WfTally APIs in routing expression, but they do not seem to be executed when one role completes the task.

Regards,

Sha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sha11
12-Amethyst
(To:lmouchard)

Hello @lmouchard ,

Thank you for the input, but if I follow the steps mentioned in the article, an activity will be logged in the Task history and will say completed by the system. I did not want that, hence I created separate tasks for every role and designed my workflow in such a way when any role selects Rework, the other tasks will be automatically closed without leaving a trace.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lmouchard
10-Marble
(To:Sha11)

Hello Sha,

Do you a´have a screenshot of the part of the workflow, it would help understanding ?

It seams to be described by PTC here : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS379205?source=search

Sha11
12-Amethyst
(To:lmouchard)

Hello @lmouchard ,

Thank you for the input, but if I follow the steps mentioned in the article, an activity will be logged in the Task history and will say completed by the system. I did not want that, hence I created separate tasks for every role and designed my workflow in such a way when any role selects Rework, the other tasks will be automatically closed without leaving a trace.

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:Sha11)

Hi @Sha11 

A transition Complete Task should be run if one user complete own task. A workflow task is not yet completed.

A transition Complete is run if all users complete own tasks so the workflow task is completed. 

PetrH

Top Tags