cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Workflow Team Addition Question

MichaelIbosh
1-Newbie

Workflow Team Addition Question

All,
I need to add a WTUser to a team role (MANUFACTURING ENGINEER) on an ECN. I have the WTUser value and the team, but what methods have to be called to add the user to the role, and save it back to the ECN? Any help would be appreciated.
Mike

7 REPLIES 7

Windchill workflow gurus,

I have built a workflow for approving orders from customers for one division. Now that it is up and working for one division management wants to push it out to the other two divisions. All three divisions work within one Windchill organization.

Has anyone else done this before where you want to the same workflow, but add some logic in the workflow to assign people per division?

Thanks
Rich

Richard Stavish
Pro/E System Administrator

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD214D.3367C710]<file: c:\users\rstav\appdata\roaming\microsoft\signatures\sargent_logo.jpg=">

E-mail:
Office:
Fax:
Mobile:

RStavish@sargentaerospace.com
520-744-1000 x4570
520-744-7529
520-437-5811

Yeah this is done via Roles within the workflow instead of Groups. Your roles will most likely be the same between Product to Product but the people that fill those roles will be different. I'm assuming your divisions are Windchill Products

[cid:image002.gif@01CD2152.403F5660]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Sorry about this one, but I have forgotten how Windchill knows to use a custom workflow. What tells Windchill to use my custom workflow for change notices instead of the OOTB.

Thanks,

Brian Toussaint
CAD Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269
Phone: (770) 487-2331 ext. 1216
Fax: (770) 487-3359
www.hoshizaki.com

You need to specify what workflow to use in the lifecycle that the Change Notice object is using per it's OIR.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CDD20D.04686250]
Not applicable
(To:MichaelIbosh)

You can also use the context hierarchy. i.e. simply put your workflow at
the org level and leave it with the same name (note, I'm not
recommending this).

Need to have the Lifecycle / OIR for the LC at Org level also or it picks up Site level.

I have it working at the Product level with no issues.

Regards,

Top Tags