cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Workflow Template Administration - "java.security.AccessControlException: access denied"

PLM1
1-Newbie

Workflow Template Administration - "java.security.AccessControlException: access denied"

Hi,

I have a Windchill 10.1 M020 installation. When trying to "edit" a particular workflow from the "Workflow Template Administration", the window that says:

"Warning: Do not close this window. Closing this window automatically closes all related workflow windows, which may result in data loss."

.. opens up but it is not followed by another one in which I can actually see and edit the workflow. The "loading" sign appears on the main Windchill page but nothing happens thereafter. I get the following error on the Java console:

Exception in thread "Thread-12" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission plm.mphasis.com:5003 connect,resolve)

All that I have tried so far:

1. Clearing all caches (browser, java, windchill) and restarts

2. Run makejar command

3. Downgrade JRE to version 6u26

4. Installed security patch: 10.1-M020_SUP8

5. Cache clear and restart after temp patch installation.

All above has been in vain so far and nothing I do would get the applet edit window up. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:PLM1)

This would be one of a number of things that broke due to recent Java Plug-In changes.

Get and apply the latest Windchill patch(es) to workaround these issues. Sorry, I don't know what the ids of these patch(es) are -- simply that generic patches exist to address this issue.

PLM1
1-Newbie
(To:jessh)

Actually I did apply the latest patch that was realeased for 10.1 M020 - "10.1-M020_SUP8", but that did not help. But then I found out that apparently having 127.0.0.1 in the hosts file creates problems for the workflow template admin while the other applets work fine. So I am attempting to re-install WC with this entry in the hosts file removed. Lets hope it work this time.

shussaini
15-Moonstone

So you are playing with the hosts file. In that case better assignn the actual IP of the machine to the host name OR you can change the DNS suffix of your machine to avoid changes due to the IP.

hope that helps

jessh
5-Regular Member

SUP's are for Windchill security fixes. They do not include general, non-security fixes.

The issue here is due to a change in the Java Plug-In and I'm rather certain there is a generic Windchill patch available to address/workaround it. I have no idea what the patch id is, however -- that's something to work out with technical support.

No fiddling around with hosts files should be required.

Generally staying on the latest available MOR should help minimize such issues, but I cannot recall if this was addressed in M040 or if this missed M040 and thus is part of M050.

PLM1
1-Newbie
(To:jessh)

Thanks for your replies Jess and Syed.

After Jess's last reply I did open up a call with PTC TS to find out the appropriate generic temp patch. While I was waiting for the reply from TS, I gave reinstallation a shot. I removed the 127.0.0.1 entry I had created in the hosts file and reinstalled with the original hostname and IP. I had read somewhere that this 127.0.0.1 entry creates troubles with the template editor/viewer in the Workflow Template Admin. The weird thing is this affects ONLY the w/f template editor/viewer, all other applets work just fine!

Anyway, after I reinstalled with the entry removed from the hosts file, I was able to open up the template editor window! The only difference between the earlier installation and the one I have now is the hostname. Everything else is the same.. It's really baffling but its working now .. so thats what matters!

Hope the solution helps someone in need..

jessh
5-Regular Member

The fact that this only impacts this one applet makes some sense -- as the issue is limited to specific types of communication between Java and JavaScript that most our applets do not use.

Top Tags