cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Workflow routing expressions

Billy_Johnson
10-Marble

Workflow routing expressions

I have a workflow that has 4 optional routes and the user can choose any combination of routes, at the end I have an AND connector because I need it to wait for all routs that were selected to finish but the AND connector is waiting for all 4 routes to finish and in most of the cases only 2 or 3 routes will be chosen.

PTC tech support has not been much help so I am looking to the community.

I attached a word doc to help better explain my needs.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I had a similar problem, which i solved by using the Threshold and set it to 0, then i had a string going from the task where the amount of routes are selected, this will add one to the threshold. EG if the user selects 2 routes, then string will add 2 to the threashold, and then it will only fire when the two routes are completed.

Regards Jacob

windchill.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

May be easiest to create a workflow variable and present it to the user, then have a conditional after the activity which routes down one or more paths.  Could also put the routing code on the activity complete transition.

bcedar
14-Alexandrite
(To:Billy_Johnson)

I like to use OR connectors that route to the AND.

First a Conditional OR that checks for a Boolean (I use booleans for my routes), if the Boolean is true, fire off the route, else, got to a second OR, the route goes to that same OR and that OR goes to an AND.

2017-10-30_14-34-42.png

This way, no matter the selection, all routes leading to the AND have a determined route.

Hi

I had a similar problem, which i solved by using the Threshold and set it to 0, then i had a string going from the task where the amount of routes are selected, this will add one to the threshold. EG if the user selects 2 routes, then string will add 2 to the threashold, and then it will only fire when the two routes are completed.

Regards Jacob

windchill.jpg

Top Tags