cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Working with OIR

ChrisPeters
1-Newbie

Working with OIR

Hello All,

Recently started working on Business Administration. Gone through the Admin guide and other related materials. However, the problem which I face is with OIRs. I've recently created State Based versioning (revision) scheme for parts using enumcustomize tool. The problem which I face is how to associate creation of parts type to the customized Lifecycle states. Can someone please get me some help with the OIR. I think I've not understood it completety right. Any help with this:

Which file to modify, how to modify and how to associate with object types to conform to the modified OIRs?

Also, how to turn off auto-numbering for objects?

Any example or worknote?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PTC's documentation on these particular points is very tough to understand... (what's new)

1. Set up your state based versioning series by editing the statebasedversioning.xml file directly, then registering it. Don't create statebasedversioning scheme with enumcustomize.

2. Statebased versioning also requires selecting the correct "seed" (MIL-STD or Numeric) for each state in the Lifecycle specified by the OIR.

3. Turn off autonumbering for any type as shown below (2 different sections in the OIR files). Note: There are multiple approaches to this. We leave everything at site alone and override at Organization level by creating new OIR's there with different values. This has the benefit of being able to refer to and go back .

OTB AutoNumber rule sections (for a WTDocument)

<AttrValue id="number" algorithm="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.revisionControlled.server.impl.NumberGenerator">

<Arg>{GEN:wt.enterprise.SequenceGenerator:WTDOCUMENTID_seq:10:0}</Arg>

</AttrValue>

<AttrConstraint id="number" algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints">

<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"></Value>

<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetImmutableConstraint"></Value>

Manual Number for same

<AttrValue id="number" algorithm="null">

</AttrValue>

<AttrConstraint id="number" algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints">

</AttrConstraint>

I can help you more on this if you like.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PTC's documentation on these particular points is very tough to understand... (what's new)

1. Set up your state based versioning series by editing the statebasedversioning.xml file directly, then registering it. Don't create statebasedversioning scheme with enumcustomize.

2. Statebased versioning also requires selecting the correct "seed" (MIL-STD or Numeric) for each state in the Lifecycle specified by the OIR.

3. Turn off autonumbering for any type as shown below (2 different sections in the OIR files). Note: There are multiple approaches to this. We leave everything at site alone and override at Organization level by creating new OIR's there with different values. This has the benefit of being able to refer to and go back .

OTB AutoNumber rule sections (for a WTDocument)

<AttrValue id="number" algorithm="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.revisionControlled.server.impl.NumberGenerator">

<Arg>{GEN:wt.enterprise.SequenceGenerator:WTDOCUMENTID_seq:10:0}</Arg>

</AttrValue>

<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerAssignedConstraint"></Value>

<Value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetImmutableConstraint"></Value>

Manual Number for same

<AttrValue id="number" algorithm="null">

</AttrValue>

</AttrConstraint>

I can help you more on this if you like.

Thanks Mike. Let me get my hands on it. I appreciate your efforts. I wonder who wrote these documents

Hi Chris,

You can likewise find this information from the following article

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS77891

Thank you,

Jarrett

Top Tags