cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Working with Pro-E WF4 and Intralink 9.1

ptc-356958
1-Newbie

Working with Pro-E WF4 and Intralink 9.1

I am having an issue using WF4 and Intralink 9.1. Specifically: Our workflow is to add assemblies, etc to a workspace and then checkout specific components, drawings, etc that we intend to modify afterwards. This approach seems to be presenting a problem, to wit: If I am driving an assembly using a skeleton and a layout, I find that I am unable to do so because parts and or sub-assemblies are READ ONLY. It does not give me the option to check out the parts and or assemblies it simply says that it cannot regen because a single part or assembly is READ ONLY. Now I don't want to check out this part but inorder to be able to change the part i need to go into it and physically modify it, where upon Pro-E will tell e I can't modify it until I check it out. At that point I select CONTINUE and the part can be modified. However, the assembly cannot be regened because now another part or sub-assembly is READ ONLY. PITA! Fundementally I feel we will be stepping on each other's toes if we start checking out everything and that's not what I want to promote. I'm not sure if we're missing a configuration option that can fix this problem or need to work in a different manner. Does this make sense?

Any help out there? Incidentally, we went live with this on Monday...so I have groups of Engineers breathing down the support staff's and my necks.

1 REPLY 1

a bit late but figured I would add my 2 cents

set config option: regenerate_read_only_objects to yes.

Not the best overall implementation of TDD in Pro/E and Windchill, especially for large teams, but the best with what the software offers.

Upon saving the assembly after regen you will be notified of what changed.

Top Tags