cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Workspace Access

kregimbald
9-Granite

Workspace Access

Is it possible for a user to view the contents of another user's workspace? Scenario: UserA wants to create a PDF representation of a current xml file. When UserA tries to do this they get a message asking if they want to use an older version\iteration. An older version\iteration exists in UserB's workspace. In order to create the representation, UserA needs to find out the identify of UserB and have them remove the older version\iteration from their workspace. How would UserA go about finding the identify of UserB and is it possible for UserA to remove the file from UserB's workspace? I'm assuming that UserA would require "superuser" or "admin" permission to do this. Let me know if any of the above is possible. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Certainly if you are admin then you can search for objects that exist in server side workspaces only. From there you can determine the owner of the workspace. By default this is not possible for normal users. Occasionally our users stumble across this problem and we just ask them to contact admin.

To allow user A to delete an object from user B's workspace would require some serious admin level permissions, which would have some undesirable consequences in practice.

I seem to recall that even admin cannot selectively delete items from a users workspace. Only delete the whole workspace and it's contents. I would need to double check that however.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Certainly if you are admin then you can search for objects that exist in server side workspaces only. From there you can determine the owner of the workspace. By default this is not possible for normal users. Occasionally our users stumble across this problem and we just ask them to contact admin.

To allow user A to delete an object from user B's workspace would require some serious admin level permissions, which would have some undesirable consequences in practice.

I seem to recall that even admin cannot selectively delete items from a users workspace. Only delete the whole workspace and it's contents. I would need to double check that however.

thanks for all the info!

Top Tags