cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Workstation rights and WC Office Integration

dvarkevisser
1-Newbie

Workstation rights and WC Office Integration

Hello all,

I,am workingon Windchill Office Integration. Currently I am changing all Office templates so Windchill attributes will be used in all documents. On my system this is working fine.

But on other systems in this department the integration does not work:

- when I open a version A4 document, inside the document all WC attributes are updated.

- when I open a version A4 document on a different desktop inside the document all WC attributes of the first version (A1) are shown.

- the office integration is installed correctly on all systems.

- the only difference between my system and all other systems is that I have local-admin rights, this means I have full controll over c:/ and on all other systems c:/ is read-only.

Are their other office integration users having similar problems?

Is there another solution possible for this besides making every user local admin on their system?

Kind regards,

Dennis Varkevisser

+31 6 50 68 01 79
</u>

1 REPLY 1

Major gotcha in Desktop Integration wtih mapped property values - see attached.

The values are only correctly refreshed when downloading Office files via the Java download mechanism (which serves somewhat the same purpose as a workspace in this regard).

Need to have DTI installed on every client machine that needs to be used to download an Office file, and also to set and lock the related preference for all users - or can't trust the values.
Top Tags