cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Wtpart Attributes

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Wtpart Attributes

I have a requirement to combine two attributes from CAD Documents (owner link) into one attribute in a WTpart. Currently we pull a number of parameters from Creo into Windchill. Our parameter setup is 2 descriptions (description 1 and description 2), that become attribute description 1 and description 2 in Windchill. Is there anyway to combine the two when looking at the WTPart....have both attributes display as one (description 1 + description 2 = description)? I know this can be done in Creo with a relation....but that doesn't fix the 100,000 + objects already created. I logged a case with PTC....but the "Expert" was struggling finding how the attributes are passed from the cad doc to the WTPart, so I closed the case.

3 REPLIES 3
KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:GregOlson)

Hi Greg,

Try to concatinate two values in one using Calculated.Not sure whether this is possible.

Else you can write a small data utility to display two attributes value as one.

Thanks,

Kaushik

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:GregOlson)

Did you get an answer on this? I would be inclined to make a calculated attribute and the calculation is description1 + description2. you might also want a space in the middle. Not quite sure of the exact syntax to get that to work might need "description1" +" "+"description2"

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:RoyCrerar)

We went a different route in the end...we used a renaming software from Fishbowl Solutions.  I pulled reports on the data needed, then used excel to combine fields.  Then let the renaming software do its magic.

Top Tags