cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

XML element query report in Windchill

kangxw
11-Garnet

XML element query report in Windchill

Hi,

For XML topics in windchill, I want to do a query for pulling out the specific information in a XML element. For example, I have a XML topic:

I have an element called ITEM with attribute "id='98821c56'". How can I pull "Potting Soil" in my report(query builder)?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

If you are a beginner in using query builder, I suggest you to read this document before.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Tips/Resource-for-reporting/td-p/448738

Marco

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. I saw this post yesterday and there are lots of source regarding document attributes and administration report. I haven't find any source for dynamic xml topic and querying inside a xml topic. Could you please suggest any way to do it?

Thanks,

Xw

I think the best way to get an answer is to ask for a question where it is very clear what you want.

For me your request is absolutely not clear.

Marco

Sorry for the confuse. Let me make my question clear with an XML example.

We are using Windchill as a Content Management System and our content includes hundreds of DITA topics. For example, a DITA topic may look like this:

<topic id="topic" xml:lang="en">
<title>Authoring DITA Topics</title>
<body>
<p>When you first open a DITA topic, the default <ph
id="ArbortextEditor-0CDFC876">Arbortext Editor</ph> configuration
for editing DITA topics appears.  </p>
</body>
</topic>

What I want to do is a XML search and the result would be the content under a specific tag. In this case, I want to get the content "Arbortext Editor" when I do a search for a tag <ph> with "id=ArbortextEditor-0CDFC876".

Top Tags