cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

action - jsp

sathimuthu
4-Participant

action - jsp

Hi ,

Can someone help me on this ! I have created an action for a wtdocument . in the url i have given the jsp which  will fetch input as json data stored as .txt and print the output as visual representation with circles and arrows . i have saved that .txt in the directory where class files are saved.

I'm not able to view the output with the supplied input . However jsp prints normal text if i click the action . somethings wrong with fetching the input and processing it inside of jsp.

Regards,

Soundarya.

5 REPLIES 5

What are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to get meta data as a JSON response? They are OOTB restful services which can do that. Not sure representing a document by circles and arrows?

i'd like to know where my jsp files should reside . what is the location that we need to specify if we specify the json input inside of jsp (can the input be in local directories or only in windchill ?) .So im trying to visualise this input in pictorial form something like whats in the attachment . I have the html code for the visualisation in hand. this html uses json as input  .json data has org as parent and product ,lib and group as children and each of it has list of products , libraries and groups names as children respectively .

jsp_help.PNGwhat should i do ?

Typically you will have your JSPs in Windchill\codebase\netmarkets\jsp\youPackageResource. It has to be inside codebase. Within JSP you can use HTML/javascript to parse JSON and present it. If you have CSS, that needs to in the server as well.

I did place it in codebase net markets jsp . How do I run it.  How do we run it . If I do it the normal way , says file not found .error

servername/Windchill/netmarkets/jsp/action.jsp >> Windchill_10.2\Windchill\codebase\netmarkets\jsp\action.jsp

This is how it is mapped.

Top Tags