cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

cache associated with frames cannot be deleted until frames are deleted

venkatraj
12-Amethyst

cache associated with frames cannot be deleted until frames are deleted

I'm trying to delete cache for my workspaces. But I'm getting this message window 'cache associated with frames cannot be deleted until frames are deleted' and aborting the cache clearing. 

What is this Frames?

How to override this frames to clear the cache?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:venkatraj)

Frames are like snapshots of how the workspace looked at a certain point in time.  You can roll back to them to undo recent changes or recover something that was deleted.  You can see these, and delete them if so desired, from the 'Event Management' page.

There are multiple ways to access the event management page.  From Creo Parametric it would be File --> Manage Session --> Event Management --> Server Name.  You should see a window like the one below.  The rows with the paper icons are the frames.

TomU_1-1580915088570.png

More information is available in the help documentation:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r11.2.1.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FCADxSrvrWspOviewFramesAbout.html%23

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:venkatraj)

Frames are like snapshots of how the workspace looked at a certain point in time.  You can roll back to them to undo recent changes or recover something that was deleted.  You can see these, and delete them if so desired, from the 'Event Management' page.

There are multiple ways to access the event management page.  From Creo Parametric it would be File --> Manage Session --> Event Management --> Server Name.  You should see a window like the one below.  The rows with the paper icons are the frames.

TomU_1-1580915088570.png

More information is available in the help documentation:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r11.2.1.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FCADxSrvrWspOviewFramesAbout.html%23

Top Tags