cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

can we import excel or csv files into windchill to make/create BOM's?

msonnathi
1-Newbie

can we import excel or csv files into windchill to make/create BOM's?

Hi team,

creating BOM in windchill taking long time, as i have to enter part number and it will take time for search engine available of part in windchill.

If I want to make 50 components BOM it will take minimum 15 to 20 mins.

I would like to make an customiziation macro for this please suggest me how to do it.

can windchill have option to import of excel or csv files? if it available let me know how to do.

thanks,

madhu

4 REPLIES 4

There is an out of the box feature to import BOMs through a spread sheet.

To get the template, one option is to

1. Navigate to an existing top level WTPart

2. Go to Actions > Export Importable Spreadsheet

3. Select "Parts", "BoM"

4. Select a format and file name

You will get a spreadsheet with two sheets one for Part and Other for BOM. You can modify the sheet as per your new requirement.

To import the template

1. Go to the product details > Actions

2. Select "Import from Spreadsheet"

3. You can select the action for the import, "Add or Update or both

4. Validate the file for any errors and import it.

thank you Binesh  for quick reply, but I could not able to see those option in my windchill.

1. unable to export imporatble spread sheet.

2. I didnot see import from spread sheet.

could you have reference documents or link for this it may help me.

thanks

Curiously neither of you mentioned the version of Windchill you are referring to. There's also no indication of what user access is required to get to this or the user access available.

We are on 10.2 M030, Read/Download/Modify/Create is what you need to import. ACL depends on which state the parts are if you are updating the existing one.

WHC link - http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/index.jspx?id=ImExImportSpreadsheet&action=show

Top Tags