cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

checkin conflict

ptc-4586287
1-Newbie

checkin conflict

Hello friends,

I am getting "wt.util.WTException:java.lang.NullPointerException" conflict message when i checkin the assembly. As i am new to this winchill envirnment i can not solve this can any body help me please

3 REPLIES 3

I feel yah! Just posted the same about my system. PTC just make it work jeeeeeze!

Same problem here,

Just read your post a minute ago Mister Hudson ^^

We are working with Creo 2.0 and Windchill 10.2 with customization.

I am not sure if the solution is the same for everyone, but I know what the issue is for us when we get this error on Check In.

It has to do with a new object in a Workspace that has been Uploaded. Once Uploaded it has a destination Context applied to it based on the Context to which the Workspace is related. If that Context is subsequently changed to a different Context, either before or during Check In, we get that error.

The issue is usually with a subcomponent of an assembly, but of course you get the error when checking in the assembly, with no indication of what object is causing the problem.

The original Context set at Upload is displayed in the CAD object Details page in the area called System.

The solution we use is to go back and edit attributes on the object, set the target location back to the EPMDocs folder of the Context to which it was initially associated. Then we can check it in. Then a subsequent Move is required to get the object into the Context it is supposed to be in.

Top Tags