cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

configuring Worker Agent

ptc-2209243
1-Newbie

configuring Worker Agent

How we can configure worker agent. I have installed Creo View Adapter in the local machine..

Can one pls guide me with the step by step procedure?

Thanks

G.Saravanan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Edit or create the file auth.properties in windchill 10 installation directory ( root\...\PHSI\product\ptc\Windchill_10.0\Windchill\

Create a text file, put auth= thewcadminaccountloggin:thewcadminpassword

And change extension by renaming the total filename with auth.properties.

This will identify the permission needed to exchange with the server from worker. There’s a possibility to encrypt it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Do you want to configure the worker from the main server or to set up recipe on the worker ?

Assuming your worker is apart from the main server

On the worker machine you must :

Install Creo or proE

Install adapter

execute proe2pv_config for setting up the connection to the main server (\… \creo_view_adapaters\bin\proe2pv_config.exe )

This will create your proebatch,worker and so; Don't register the worker Since the connexion is not yet defined from the server side.

Create a shared folder on the worker for exchanging content with the main server

On the main server

remote :edit or create the auth.properties file in windchill root (this allows the worker to exchange with the main server)

web portal : go to site utilities \ worker agent administration \ configure and add a new worker

fill all parameters

click apply, save, reload the cad worker is registered.

Back to your worker

reexecute proe2pv_config, load an already configured setting and click on test server.

The worker should work now.

this are the big steps, you should refine by using your help menu from the server. It's providing you with the details.

Thanks for your swift reply.

I have created upto Shared folder. Can you please send me procedure creating/editing auth.properties..

Thanks & Regards,

G.Saravanan

Edit or create the file auth.properties in windchill 10 installation directory ( root\...\PHSI\product\ptc\Windchill_10.0\Windchill\

Create a text file, put auth= thewcadminaccountloggin:thewcadminpassword

And change extension by renaming the total filename with auth.properties.

This will identify the permission needed to exchange with the server from worker. There’s a possibility to encrypt it.

Hi Francois Delys,

As per your guidance, I have created the auth.properties file. And I have configured worker agent also.

But in the status, It is showing Fails to start. And In the Creo Parametric Adapter Configuration dialog box I want to know the values for the following Parameters

1. Start Command ?

2. Server Host & Port ? I have given proe worker sever host name and port ( 601 )

But it is showing the error as

Testing Connection to Server ... Failes :-

Set Keepalive ok

Server connection has been closed.

Pls help to resolve the issue..

Thanks & Regards,

G.Saravanan

egifford
4-Participant
(To:ptc-2209243)

Saravanan,

The start command used in the adapter configuration is the Pro/E (Creo) start command you want the publisher to use to run the no-graphics session of Pro/E that is actually doing the publishing.

In the Adapter Configuration, the "server host" is where you configured the worker agent (typically your Windchill server). The next entry under that, the server Port is typically set as 5600. On the server (worker agent configuration) the worker daemon port uses 601. These two areas where port is designated (worker configuration and the adapter configuration) do not use the same port number.

Also make sure your edited auth.properties file isn't actually named auth.properties.txt. I've seen this done accidentally when the entries are made using Notepad and the file extension ".txt" is tacked on the end but not visible because Windows is set to hide known file extensions.

Erik

Hi Saravanan

do you have any idea how to configure the CAD Agent in Windchill Cluster environment ( ie 4- Identical node)

please share ur ideas.

you cannot configure a worker for a cluster using the same method as used for a monolithic system. For a cluster you must hand edit files on the nodes and cannot use the worker set up web page.

CHeck knowledge base or ask support

Top Tags