cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

createstampa2/modifystampa2/updatestampa2 date columns changed from 07-NOV-23 to 07-11-23

NP_10570407
11-Garnet

createstampa2/modifystampa2/updatestampa2 date columns changed from 07-NOV-23 to 07-11-23

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.2.0

createstampa2/modifystampa2/updatestampa2 date columns in epmdocumentmaster and epmdocument table used to be in the format DD-MON-YY (e.g. 07-NOV-23). Now, it got changed to format like e.g. 07-11-23. What could be the reason for this change?
Also, we are unable to query and fetch the data from these tables having this new date format.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes @HelesicPetr . You are right. I verified with my IT team, they have told there was a recent windows update which has resulted in this new date format.

Thanks to both of you for assisting with this question. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:NP_10570407)

This is certainly odd. How do you know it changed? Is it just the SQL browser that is rendering it differently? Does the Windchill UI still function? Is there a point in time it changed and does that correlate to any system or DB changes?

Hi,

Last time (3 weeks back) when we last logged into DB session, it was in the format 07-NOV-23. Since then, we didn't touch the DB. Couple of our team members were using the Windchill at application level only. they were editing few of the ACL's and modified few OIR settings for few products. apart from that we didn't modified anything else.

Yesterday, when we logged into the DB to query few epmdocument records based on date range, the results are not fetched and when we investigated, it is in the 07-11-23.

Even when I try query database table with where clause createstampa2='07-11-23', no results are obtained. It is weird.

Request your help with this strange situation.

Hi @NP_10570407 

The values in database have not changed. The values in db are still same, your output is just different

There could be Windows system update, studio update or somene changed your windows setting to use different date format.

PS> if I select the date column my format is absolutly different then yours.

PetrH

Yes @HelesicPetr . You are right. I verified with my IT team, they have told there was a recent windows update which has resulted in this new date format.

Thanks to both of you for assisting with this question. 

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:NP_10570407)

You should query using the To_Date function. This way you can control formatting.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6749369/oracle-datetime-in-where-clause

Yes, this works. Thanks 👍

Announcements

Top Tags