cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

cust_Windchill_src

reetakota
1-Newbie

cust_Windchill_src

Hi,

I did not find the example in eclipse please help me to find

Import the cust_Windchill_src project
   a) File -> Import... -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspa

b) Select Browse (next to "Select root directory") and click OK
   c) Your project will be listed and checked; click Finish.

Thanks

ram kumar

5 REPLIES 5

Eclipse's import project can only import a project created by eclipse.

You should have 2 sub-folders,  .project and .classpath.

If you only have the java sources, you need to create a new project with existing sources.

You'll have to handle all the PDMLink dependencies.

The "OP" was remarking that the Eclipse Project "cust_Windchill_ src" described in the Windchill Customization Guide (e.g. 11_F000_WindchillCustomizationGuide.pdf) is not located where the text of the guide indicates. The OP and I are wondering where the existing Project can be found. An OS-level "find" of the Windchill installation folders finds no matching .project files, none at all.

Hello, there is a video of training for example from the documentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14BSAwteVw&list=PLjm4gmbLQwoeqQSP7xUhCnInGknqTBAZV&index=2

followed the video but dont see source files.  i got this error when i run the command in linux.  do you have the example project that we can download and use?

]% ant -f bin/tools.x ml eclipse_project
Buildfile: /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/Windchill/bin/tools.xml

********************************************************************************
!+! STARTED @ Sun Mar 19 16:30:23 EDT 2023
********************************************************************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!+! ENTERING WindchillTools[/app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/Windchill/bin/tools.xm l]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overriding previous definition of reference to ant.projectHelper
Build sequence for target(s) `eclipse_project' is [init, class.init, eclipse_proje ct.init, wt_home.check, eclipse_project.check, eclipse_project]

init:

class.init:

eclipse_project.init:

wt_home.check:

eclipse_project.check:

eclipse_project:
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass ( file:/app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/Windchill/ant/lib/groovy-all.jar) to method j ava.lang.Object.finalize()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy. reflection.CachedClass
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflectiv e access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
[groovy] /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/eclipse/cust_Windchill_src/.project
[groovy] /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/eclipse/cust_Windchill_src/.classpath
[groovy] /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/eclipse/cust_Windchill_src/.factorypat h
[groovy] /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/eclipse/cust_Windchill_src/.settings/o rg.eclipse.jdt.apt.core.prefs
[groovy] /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/eclipse/cust_Windchill_src/.settings/o rg.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
[groovy] /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/eclipse/cust_Windchill_src/.settings/d e.loskutov.FileSync.prefs
[groovy] /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/eclipse/cust_Windchill_src/cust_Windch ill_src-sql_script.only.launch
[groovy] /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/eclipse/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse .debug.core/.launches/MethodServer.launch
[delete] Deleting: /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/eclipse/cust_Windchill_src/c ust_Windchill_src-sql_script.only.launch
!+! FINISHED @ Sun Mar 19 16:30:25 EDT 2023
!+! Log: /app/windchill/ptc/Windchill_12/Windchill/buildlogs/0002-tools.log

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 1 second

Hi @HV_10416589 

What source file do you expect?

Usually developer crates own source files.

Windchill source(java) files are not copied to the destination of eclipse project.. 

Also I do not recommend to use the src(java) files from Windchill folder because they are not very often up-to-date.

PetrH

Top Tags