cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

delete old iteration

ptc-2656037
3-Visitor

delete old iteration

Hello everybody,

How delete old iteration ?

exemple : In Windchill we hawe A1 - A2 - A3 - A4, I want delete version A1 - A2 - A3 and keep A4 version.

in windchill 10 with right click on the document there was "delete old iteration" but in windchill 11 this function has disappeared

and with fonctionne delete, he propose me :

1. Delete all iterations of each object

2. Delete all revisions of each object

3. Delete latest iterations of each object

Sorry for my english, and thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"Delete Non-latest Iterations" is on my Windchill 11.  The screenshot below is from doing a right click on a searched document.  Does the user have Delete privileges?  Are there iterations of the object in question?

1-24-2018 7-36-31 AM.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

"Delete Non-latest Iterations" is on my Windchill 11.  The screenshot below is from doing a right click on a searched document.  Does the user have Delete privileges?  Are there iterations of the object in question?

1-24-2018 7-36-31 AM.jpg

I just saw that we have this message with right click "Delete Non-latest Iterations" with certain fil types (.dwg .tiff) we don't use article in windchill...

but with creo elements (creo 3D and drawing) this function isn't available...

EC_9701452
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianToussaint)

Exactly what I needed it, thanks!

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-2656037)

One work around is to use "purge" which, unfortunately, is only a site or org level utility, but it will do exactly what you are looking to do. Regards, Dan N.

Hi Dan, thanks for your reponse, yes it's exactly that, we use purge when we work with windows, we can use it with winddchill?

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-2656037)

Yes, you can purge in Windchill.  It's a utility under the site and org, so if you have site and/or org access, you should be able to run the purge utility.

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags