cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

deleting the instace from windchill

Sandy7
11-Garnet

deleting the instace from windchill

Hi,

i want to delete one WTpart which is owner associated with CAD instance. but while rolling back interation, it is showing error

"Unable to delete Assembly  - w10863703.asm,A.11 without also deleting the following members of the  family table: [Assembly  - w10809186.asm, C.12, Assembly  - w10809187.asm,C.12, Assembly  - w10809186_gene.asm, C.13]."

but i need the other mentioned ASMs. how can i proceed ?

Br,

Sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Sandy7)

Are you deleting the instance CAD model iteration along with it?  Are you looking to delete the WTPart completely or just delete its latest iteration? You likely have to handle the entire family table as a set since they are all inter-related. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Are you deleting the instance CAD model iteration along with it?  Are you looking to delete the WTPart completely or just delete its latest iteration? You likely have to handle the entire family table as a set since they are all inter-related. 

i would like to delete the instance and gear part both. but i need the other parts which are in error.

br,

Sandeep C.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Sandy7 

I would say sorry, you can delete it if there is reference to other objects. 

First you need to resolve the mentioned references and then you could delete the object what you need.

PetrH

hi @avillanueva ,

thanks for the sharing. as this was only the option, i rolledback the complete family table together.

thanks,

Sandy

Top Tags