cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

despite setting "....publishonepmdocumentchange"...no publish on state change

bcavanaugh
1-Newbie

despite setting "....publishonepmdocumentchange"...no publish on state change

using windchill 10.1 M010, I set

1. xconfmanager -s publish.publishondocumentchange=true –t /codebase/wvs.properties -p
  2. xconfmanager -s publish.publishonepmdocumentchange=true –t /codebase/wvs.properties -p
  3. xconfmanager -s publish.republishonepmdocumentchange=true –t /codebase/wvs.properties -p
  4. xconfmanager -s publish.republishondocumentchange=true –t /codebase/wvs.properties -p

...restarted windchill...

yet whenever I bump the lifecycle state of a CAD Doc, windchill does NOT publish the 2D or 3D cad model (solidworks in this case)

It appears that my file-synchronized cad worker is configured OK, as I can on demand publish a "new representation" and I see in the WVS monitor that the CAD worker fires up, in turn launches SW WGM on the cad worker, and successfully generates a creo viewable of models and drawings...

...anyone ever have this problem where you want wc to publish docs upon lifeycle change but WC refuses to do it?

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Barry,

Unless I am mistaken, changing the state of a document isn't a change in the publishing sense, the content is still the same. What would trigger the publishing is something that would be akin to a check out/check in type process, which a state change is not.

What are you trying to accomplish by republishing?

thanks for replying...my problem is fixed now...upon changing the lifecycle state of drawings the publisher automatically goes to work and generates a new viewable.

it turns out my xconfmanager commands weren't propagating because of an unrelated error from an attempt to load a loadfile on a server that doesn't run a methodserver - once tech support instructed me to set my methodserver back to 0 I was able to rerun the xconfmanager command and the change "stuck"

regards

Barry

Hi Barry,

I have a similar requirement of publishing viewables on state change.

Could you please elaborate on what does the below stated configurations do?

1. xconfmanager -s publish.publishondocumentchange=true –t /codebase/wvs.properties -p
  2. xconfmanager -s publish.publishonepmdocumentchange=true –t /codebase/wvs.properties -p
  3. xconfmanager -s publish.republishonepmdocumentchange=true –t /codebase/wvs.properties -p
  4. xconfmanager -s publish.republishondocumentchange=true –t /codebase/wvs.properties -p

Regards,

Hapi

Top Tags