cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

different duty cycles for parts in an assembly

ptc-5038547
1-Newbie

different duty cycles for parts in an assembly

Hello everyone,

for a system I'm modeling in WQS right now, I have the situation that some assemblies of the system contain parts with different duty cycles. Those duty cycles should be considered for calculating the failure rate of the assembly. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work as I want to. I have an easy example for what I mean:

Unbenannt1234.bmp

In this example the failure rate of the assembly "3" should be 1,5 and not 2,0 as calculated since one of the parts (Part "3.2") just has a duty cycle of 50%.

I know that you can control the effect of the duty cycle on the failure rate via the calculation model of the highest level assembly in the system. I have tried all the calculation models but as I can see there is only two options: The duty cycle of the assembly affects the failure rate or the duty cycle has no effect at all on the failure rate. Is there any way to set the system tree up so the duty cycles of the parts themselves affect the calculated failure rate?

Thanks and best wishes,

Torben Bartels

1 REPLY 1

Torben,

use the multiplicative adjustment factor as a workaround.

multiplicative adjustment factor is available on every level.

Thomas

Top Tags