cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

getting iba value from wtpart and setting wtdocument iba via expression

Serkan_ACAROGLU
10-Marble

getting iba value from wtpart and setting wtdocument iba via expression

Hello All,
I am looking a solution inside workflow for getting the iba vaues of wtpart to wtdocument.
An example, i have a document and this document connected to wtpart by described by document.
I have an iba at wtpart called "MATERIAL" and i have an iba also for wtdocument called "MALZEME".
So i try to set MALZEME on wtdocument by getting to value of MATERIAL on the wtpart.

Ho we can establish this programatically inside workflow.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Merhaba Serkan abi,

Beside Workflow I think that it will better to implement a Data Utility that will look for the part related to a document and get its attribute value and set it for the docme,nt 

You can use the below code  as exemple it retrieves the related doc of a given WTPart .

QueryResult qr = PersistenceHelper.manager.navigate(part,WTPartDescribeLink.DESCRIBED_BY_ROLE, wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink.class,false);

while (qr.hasMoreElements()){
WTPartDescribeLink link = (WTPartDescribeLink)qr.nextElement();
System.out.println("Found link ..........." + link);
WTDocument doc = link.getDescribedBy();
System.out.println("Described By Document ...."+ doc.getNumber());
}

I would also suggest to use an Alias attribute to get the value on the wtdocument on the fly ,however they are not persisted in the DB :

describedBy@wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink~describes^wt.part.WTPart~<Part_Attribute>

iyi şanslar,

Fadel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Merhaba Serkan abi,

Beside Workflow I think that it will better to implement a Data Utility that will look for the part related to a document and get its attribute value and set it for the docme,nt 

You can use the below code  as exemple it retrieves the related doc of a given WTPart .

QueryResult qr = PersistenceHelper.manager.navigate(part,WTPartDescribeLink.DESCRIBED_BY_ROLE, wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink.class,false);

WTPartDescribeLink link = (WTPartDescribeLink)qr.nextElement();
WTDocument doc = link.getDescribedBy();
System.out.println("Described By Document ...."+ doc.getNumber());
}

I would also suggest to use an Alias attribute to get the value on the wtdocument on the fly ,however they are not persisted in the DB :

describedBy@wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink~describes^wt.part.WTPart~<Part_Attribute>

iyi şanslar,

Fadel

Merhaba Fadel,

Teşekkür ederim cevabın için.

Sorry for the late response. 

Your are right,  i though to  use alias attribute but at the end we will insert attributes into to excel and alias attibutes is not supported to map inside excel.

As for your suggestion i will try and give you feedback in short. 

Görüşmek üzere.

Serkan Acaroglu

Hello Fadel,

Following code works well. It reads value of iba "PROJE_ACIKLAMASI" from wtpart and assigns value to workflow variable "attributeValue".

Then it loads document attribute "IBAName"and sets value according to workflow variable.

wt.doc.WTDocument doc = (wt.doc.WTDocument)primaryBusinessObject;

//Checkout and getting Working copy of object

wt.folder.Folder checkoutFolder = wt.vc.wip.WorkInProgressHelper.service.getCheckoutFolder();

wt.vc.wip.CheckoutLink col = wt.vc.wip.WorkInProgressHelper.service.checkout(doc,checkoutFolder,"");

doc = (wt.doc.WTDocument)col.getWorkingCopy();

wt.fc.QueryResult qr = wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.navigate(doc, wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink.DESCRIBES_ROLE, wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink.class,false);

wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink link = (wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink)qr.nextElement();

wt.part.WTPart part = link.getDescribes();

System.out.println("Describes WTPart ...."+ part.getNumber());

com.ptc.core.lwc.server.PersistableAdapter part1 = new com.ptc.core.lwc.server.PersistableAdapter(part,null,null,null);

part1.load("PROJE_ACIKLAMASI");

attributeValue = (java.lang.String) part1.get("PROJE_ACIKLAMASI");

System.out.println("Partın parametre degeri : " + attributeValue);

}

com.ptc.core.lwc.server.PersistableAdapter obj = new com.ptc.core.lwc.server.PersistableAdapter (doc,null, java.util.Locale.US, new com.ptc.core.meta.common.UpdateOperationIdentifier());

obj.load("IBAName");

obj.set("IBAName", String.valueOf(attributeValue));

wt.fc.Persistable p = (wt.doc.WTDocument)obj.apply();

wt.fc.PersistenceHelper.manager.modify(p);

doc = (wt.doc.WTDocument)wt.vc.wip.WorkInProgressHelper.service.checkin(doc,"workflow ile checkout / checkin yapıldı");

System.out.println("Döküman Parametre degeri : " + obj.get("IBAName") );

Top Tags