cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

how can I resize the CR wizard description field

jfrankovich
10-Marble

how can I resize the CR wizard description field

Does anyone know how to resize the Description field of the CR wizard? I haven't been able to track back through the jsp to find where this is controlled.
[cid:image003.jpg@01CB616C.72E0F9E0]
Thanks,
John

BTW The above is from IE7, but a really cool feature I found in Google Chrome is the ability to drag the bottom right corner of these text boxes to dynamically resize them. What an easy way to go from 3x60 to 10x60+!
[cid:image004.jpg@01CB616C.72E0F9E0]
1 REPLY 1

We put in a call on this - and are still considering expanding past the OTB 500 character limit. We found from tech support that it requires customization of the global string length max.

Seems that it's tied globally with all text fields in all places (all text boxes along with all attributes that are String type). Our StringValue table is currently about 22 million rows - we're concerned about being able to somehow really prove out that performance won't suffer prior to making the change in production.

We may be missing something here - happy to learn from others.
Top Tags