cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

how do you track in your company Windchill light licenses, how do you track heavy user license(s), thanks!

ascorupco
7-Bedrock

how do you track in your company Windchill light licenses, how do you track heavy user license(s), thanks!

Windchill 10.2, no problem with tracking / counting view and print licenses but I'm having problem to determine how to track light vs heavy licenses. PTC is charging different amounts of money so i would like to assign those correctly. I would like to know how many light PDMLink licenses i have and how many PDMLink licenses I have for heavy users. As of today my understanding is that each Creo Parametric user (user using Creo Parametric) is heavy user but how to get light user number? Thanks for any help on this!

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ascorupco)

There is no difference in Windchill.  The difference is legal and depends on who is using Windchill and how they are using it.  I suggest you read through these:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS45002

heavy/light windchill licenses

Re: PTC Windchill PDMLink licensing model on a network

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ascorupco)

Light users would those who access WIndchill only from a web browser.

Heavy users are connected to Creo.

You do need to read the legal definitions that Tom linked.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Ben Loosli wrote:

Light users would those who access WIndchill only from a web browser.

Heavy users are connected to Creo.

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple.  Users in certain departments and roles, even if only accessing Windchill from a browser, are still considered "Heavy" users.  For example, "Managers" can never be "Light Users", even if they don't do any "Heavy" stuff.

The workaround to this of course is to give your managers "View/Print Only Licenses".  (Assuming they don't actually need to change anything in the system.)

Top Tags