cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

how to define report template to publish the results using a customized excel template

rsingaram
11-Garnet

how to define report template to publish the results using a customized excel template

Hi 

I need to export the attributes of a particular "BOM part", it's associated attachments (like specifications, guidelines...) and it's BOM (if it is as assembly).

The sample format that I am attaching herewith.

I know that Report builder can generate  a nice report with all info needed. But from there to bring to this format, I need to build macros inside Excel. 

But is there any document/method to take query report definitions and pass to some script to generate this report?

or directly (without going through query builder?). 

Thanks

Ravi

2 REPLIES 2

Take a look at this article.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS162869

Marco

Thank you Marco.

But I want to Right Mouse Button menu click (of a BOM Part) from within Windchill UI and export. 

I am looking for this function example (if any available) .

Alternately, I have already have configured a Report template (through report building). The export is a generic one showing all rows and columns. Is there any way to customize here to generate to custom xl format.

Thank you,

-Ravi

Top Tags