cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

how to download native catia files from EPMDocument

bli
2-Guest
2-Guest

how to download native catia files from EPMDocument

Hi, Gurus:

I am quite new to the PDMLink. We are preparing to migrate Catia V5 files from Smarteam database to PDMLink. I was assigned a task to develop aprogram tocompare all CatDrawing and CatProduct (as well as its dependant model files) before and after migration. Now, I am able to pull files out of Smarteam to a folder_1. I'd like to pull files (for a CatProduct or CatDrawing) to folder_2. From PDMLink, I am able to get all dependant objects, but I am unable to download the primary content from EBMDocument. does anyone know how to download or export EBMDocument given obid? any suggestions/hints are highly appreciately.

I am able to use a program to download file fromWTDocument. But I can't use the same way to downloadthe primarycontentfrom EBMDocument.

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
bli
2-Guest
2-Guest
(To:bli)

Hi, Steve

You are pointing me to the right direction. I am able to download the file out of PDMLink.

I uses Query-Objects to get the document obid first, then use List-ContentItems to get urlLocation. As long as I get urlLocation, I am able to get the file out of PDMlink.

Thanks a lot.

SimonLucas
1-Newbie
(To:bli)

In Reply to Bo Li:

Hi, Steve

You are pointing me to the right direction. I am able to download the file out of PDMLink.

I uses Query-Objects to get the document obid first, then use List-ContentItems to get urlLocation. As long as I get urlLocation, I am able to get the file out of PDMlink.

Thanks a lot.

other options:

Packages - add items to the package, zip, and then doanload the zip file

WWGM - add items to workspace and look in the folder set by the environment variable PTC_WLD_ROOT

Simon Lucas

Top Tags