cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

how to lock the table view for a folder

rsingaram
11-Garnet

how to lock the table view for a folder

I have say one folder for CAD models, another folder for Specification documents , another Folder for BOM parts and similarly more folders.  As there are customer-specific attributes in each of these document types, I want the table views of each folder differently so that I can filter the documents list based on their individual attributes.

For example, BOM parts view to be filtered by "Source - Make or Buy". or other custom attribute of "Part". But this is not applicable to other folders - for example Specification documents will not have these attributes. So their folder table view will list these column headings , but with empty row values and so does not look good. If I had selected "part" as type in defining table view for "BOM parts" it will be total empty in other folders' table view which is not obviously not acceptable.

Thanks for your reply.

Ravi

3 REPLIES 3
DanHarlan1
4-Participant
(To:rsingaram)

You can't.

You can make a multiple table views for when you switch between folders, but all folders will use the same default or last selected table view.

Thank you for replying...

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:rsingaram)

If this answered you question please mark it as such.

Announcements

Top Tags